Tuesday, February 1, 2011

We Are Officially A Family

First, I am happy to say that I am feeling very committed to this blog. I have wanted to have a blog ever since we lived in Logan but have struggled to stay motivated. Now that I have a gorgeous child and want to show her off to all of my family and friends, I feel that blogging is a great way to keep everyone updated! (Also, you're not a good Mormon mom unless you have one).

Even though my baby is now already 7 weeks old, I still wanted to blog about her and the great experience it was welcoming her into the world. If you ask anyone they will tell you that I was terrified to have this baby, both because it would physically and mentally change my life, not to mention LABOR! My mom and sister always tease me that I was the little girl screaming down the hall when you were at the doctors office, so I guess I don't deal with pain easily. So when people would ask me if I was ready to get this baby out I would say NO she is just fine where she is. I think I officially became scared after the birthing video we had to watch in our class at the hospital. I don't know, something about the butt naked women screaming kind of freaked me out. So anyway, when I was at the doctors office on Friday the 10th and he said we could have your baby this weekend I started to become really nervous. He asked us if we wanted to do it Saturday or Sunday. He even said that we could come in later that night! I told him there was no way I was going in that night because I had to mentally prepare myself. So Matt and I did what we always do when making important decisions, ROCK PAPER SCISSORS! Saturday won. So at 7:30 am we went in to have our baby. I won't give too many details, let's just say that it wasn't too bad and epidurals are amazing! 8 1/2 hours later our little baby Lillie was born.

7lbs 7oz at 4:36 on 12/11/10

Well if I didn't believe in love at first site, I did in that first moment I saw her. Nothing could hold back the tears of joy from Matt and I. We were the proudest parents ever!


Since then we have enjoyed all of the wonderful things that any parent would:

Feeding

Bathing

and Changing

Haha, I promise I do stuff even though Matt is doing all three in those pictures.(He is super helpful though for the record). Anyway, we love our baby and think she is the most precious little bug ever! See....












THE END




6 comments:

  1. Krista! She's so beautiful. I can't believe you have a baby. ((Hugs)) I wish we lived a bit closer so I could come squeeze you myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinkin cute! I am glad you have a blog again! ps....... you should post pictures of the cute nursery and the pictures.... I wanna see them. Well I love you and Lillie is so cute! I love the one in the bathtub with her tongue stickin out. Cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you, Krista!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're blogging again! She is adorable, congratuations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I miss her. I'm glad you have a blog finally!

    ReplyDelete
  6. im glad you are blogging too. i want to be able to see your cute baby grow. we should talk more often cuz we are family.

    ReplyDelete